Art IV students will work independently in the studio. This is a list of the projects that must be completed by the end of semester.
Art 4 Fall Semester
Choose 7 of the following assignments to complete this semester. Remember to fill out a project sheet before beginning. This semester is all out experimentation. Don’t be afraid to try something new!
- Create a work using 3 different media. (ex. Wet media, dry, media, collaging)
- Research an artist and compose a work that reflects that artist’s style.
- Create a work that has a 3D element.
- Compose an abstract piece with depth and layers.
- Put together a personal still life in the studio. From observation create a work using a media of choice.
- Create a work using reductive printmaking.
- Create a piece using pointillism.
- Create a work on a non-white or occupied surface.
- Create a work using your favorite media.
- Compose a work that contains high contrast.
- All pieces but one must be larger than 9 by12.
- All images must be completely original. Use a variety of photos as a reference or take your own reference images.
- You may not have words or phrases in your pieces. The art should speak for itself.
- No glitter
- No symbols such as hearts, stars, crosses, etc.
- Experiment with ideas, techniques, and new styles.
- Find your artistic voice!
- Inspire each other.
- Critique and encourage each other.
- Create technically strong pieces that express something meaningful!