Assignments for each lesson are online at www.aleks.com. You can access them from your calendar on the ALEKS website. Assignments will be posted each Monday and will be due by midnight on the following Sunday. Go to my 2020 Online School Information page for more information about login information, the online textbook, and how to contact me.
I suggest that you take a few notes while watching the video lessons, so that you can use them while completing the assignments. More examples can be found in each section of the textbook.
Formula sheet for area and volume:
April 6 – April 10 Lesson Plans
- Initial Knowledge Check in ALEKS
- Once you login to Aleks, you will have to go through pop-up instrucions and a tool tutorial.
- When done with the tutorial, it will ask you to start an initial knowledge check before you can access other assignments.
- When finished with this, it will take you to a home page (has a pie chart on it) and you must click through more pop-up instructions.
- There will be a calendar button at the bottom of the page, which will have links to the weekly assignments. Hover over the links to see the titles for each.
- 11-1 Area of Triangles and Parallelograms
- 11-2 Area of Trapezoids, Rhombi, and Kites
April 13 – April 17 Lesson Plans
- 11-3 Circumference and Area of Circles
- 11-5 Area of Similar Figures
- 11-1 to 11-5 Quiz (Once a quiz is started you must complete it. You won’t be able to exit and return to it later.)
April 20 – April 24 Lesson Plans
- Ch. 12 Solids and Cross Sections
- 12-2 Surface Area of Prisms and Cylinders
- 12-4 Volume of Prisms and Cylinders
April 27 – May 1 Lesson Plans
- 12-5 Volume of Pyramids and Cones
- 12-6 Surface Are and Volume of Spheres
- 12-2 to 12-6 Quiz (Once a quiz is started you must complete it. You won’t be able to exit and return to it later.)
May 4 – May 8 Lesson Plans
- Ch. 10 Segments in Circles and Tangent Lines
- 10-3 Arcs and Chords