We may not be in school, but it is very important that we keep learning. Although I won’t be available to you in person as we finish the year, I will be available through the following:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Remind: this is a messaging app that will allow you to contact me at anytime (download in the app store)
- Geometry students can text the phrase @ghgakb to 81010 to join the Geometry group
- Algebra 1 students can text the phrase @2e9kag3 to 81010 to join the Algebra 1 group
- Zoom: this is a video conference app that allows you to ask one on one questions (download in the app store)
- Meetings will need to be set up for you to join. If you’d like to set a meeting at a specific time, then you can email me or message me on Remind and I can make it happen.
- Each subject will have a pre-planned conference time on Zoom every week to ask me questions. I will post the links to join the meetings on the Lesson Plans pages.
- Algebra 1 meeting time: Wednesday at 11 am
- Geometry meeting time: Thursdays at 11 am
ONLINE LESSON INFORMATION:
- Videos for each lesson will be posted under the Algebra 1 and Geometry Lesson Plans page on this site.
- Assignments for each class will be posted with the video. The assignments will be completed online. Information is provided below.
- Online assignment website: https://www.aleks.com
- Student Login Information: E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on Remind for this information
- All students will have access to a calendar on ALEKS. Weekly assignments will be posted on your calendar.
- When completing assignments each question has a glasses icon in the top right corner. You can click on this to see the explanation of the problem. However, when you do this, the site will give you a new but similar question in place of the old one.
- You will have opportunities to correct the questions that you miss on each assignment.
- These lessons and assignments will be posted by Monday of each week and will need to be completed by midnight on the following Sunday.
- Online textbook information: https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do
- Username: Wlunch# (this is a capital W followed by your personal lunch #)
- password: lunch#W
- Algebra 1 Redemption Code: DFQZ-MJLS-YHRQ
- Geometry Redemption Code: JJNG-VMH5-J5YQ
I know you will be tempted to just look up the answers on your assignments, but that will not help you in the long run. Some of the concepts we will be learning over the next few weeks will be necessary for your future math classes. So, please make an effort to learn the material and feel free to contact me if you need help.